Meet Dr. Eric Marchant - Plastic Surgeon
Since 1991, Doylestown plastic surgeon Dr. Eric A. Marchant has provided the Philadelphia area with cosmetic surgery focused on his patients’ medical and aesthetic needs. Marchant Plastic Surgery offers a wide range of treatment options, including abdominoplasty, breast augmentation, and rhinoplasty. Dr. Marchant is known for delivering exceptional results with straightforward patient communication.
After graduating magna cum laude as a double major in Mathematics and Physics at Dickinson College in 1981, Dr. Eric A. Marchant went on to receive a Doctor of Medicine degree at Temple University School of Medicine in 1985.
Residencies and Staff Positions
Dr. Eric A. Marchant began a general surgery residency at Polyclinic Medical Center in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and in his third year was accepted into a plastic surgery residency at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center. After completing his plastic surgery residency in 1991, Dr. Marchant started his own practice and has established himself as a leading Philadelphia and Doylestown, Bucks County plastic surgeon with staff privileges at Doylestown Hospital and the Doylestown Hospital Surgery Center in Warrington, Pennsylvania. He was Director of the Department of Surgery at Doylestown Hospital from 2007 to 2015 and presently serves as President of the Doylestown Hospital Medical Staff.
Dr. Eric A. Marchant has distinguished himself as one of Pennsylvania’s premier cosmetic surgeons by becoming a member of numerous medical organizations including:
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Robert H. Ivy Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
Dr. Marchant’s expertise has led to leadership positions in his field. He is a diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery and recently served as President of The Robert H. Ivy Society of Plastic Surgeons, the State’s organization for Board Certified Plastic Surgeons.
Dr. Eric A. Marchant is married and has two children. His son is a graduate of Yale University and is currently serving as an Officer in the United States Navy. His daughter is a graduate of Northwestern University and is employed in digital marketing. Dr. Marchant is active in the Doylestown and Philadelphia communities and served on the Central Bucks Family YMCA Board of Directors for six years. He enjoys digital media and traveling. Dr. Marchant is also proficient in mathematics and holds a U.S. patent for a template that can create envelopes for any size card.
- July 1, 2015 – Installed as President, Medical Staff, Doylestown Hospital.
- March 9, 2013 – Installed as President, Robert H. Ivy Society of Plastic Surgeons, State of Pennsylvania Board Certified Plastic Surgeons.
- October 5, 2012 – The Best of Bucks-Mont: Plastic Surgeon, 1st Place, The Intelligencer 2012 Reader’s Choice.
- July 1, 2011 – Installed as Secretary-Treasurer, Medical Staff Executive Committee, Doylestown Hospital.
- October 7, 2010 – The Best of Bucks-Mont: Plastic Surgeon, 1st Place, The Intelligencer 2010 Reader’s Choice.
- July 1, 2007 – Installed as Director of the Department of Surgery, Doylestown Hospital.
- July 30, 2005 – The Best of Bucks-Mont: Plastic Surgeon, 1st Place, The Intelligencer 2005 Reader’s Choice.
- February 24, 2005 – The Morning Call noticed “The Simple Life.”
- February 23, 2005 – “Simple Life: Interns” Episode 4, Plastic Surgery – Fox Broadcasting, Channel 29.
- February 22, 2005 – The Intelligencer and Bucks County Courier Times report on the Simple Life: Interns, Episode 4.
- March 27, 2004 – Eric A. Marchant, M.D., FACS presented a paper entitled “The Use of Pre-Operative Tumescent Solution in Face and Nect Lift Procedures” at Robert H. Ivy Society of Plastic Surgeons 50th Anniversary and Annual Scientific Meeting held in Philadelphia.
- “Enemy Colors and Addicted to Sports (Fan Violence)”
ESPN’s Outside The Lines Program
Aired October 20, 2002
- “Is BOTOX® the Answer?”
Dr. Eric Marchant, Contributor
The Intelligencer, July 1, 2002
- “Surfin’ the Net. Ever-widening access to medical information via computer has some doctors concerned.”
Dr. Eric Marchant, Contributor
The Intelligencer, January 30, 1995
- Marchant, E.A., Alvear, D.T., Fagelman, K.M. True Clinical Entity of Vascular Compression of the Duodenum in Adolescence Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics, 1989, 168:381-386.
- President, Medical Staff, Doylestown Hospital, 2015-Present
- President, Robert H. Ivy Society of Plastic Surgeons, 2013-2014
- Medical Staff Executive Committee, Doylestown Hospital, 2011-Present
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons, 2008-Present
- Director, Department of Surgery, Doylestown Hospital, 2007-2015
- Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery, Inc., 2000-Present
- Medical Director, Wound Care Center of Doylestown Hospital, 1999-2001
- Doylestown Hospital: Staff Member, 1991-Present
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons: Active Member
- American College of Surgeons: Fellow Member
- Robert H. Ivy Society of Plastic Surgeons: Active Member
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons: Active Member
- Pennsylvania Medical Society: Active Member